We are going to discuss adjectives that start with E in this article. We all know that adjectives are words used to describe something. The description is the soul of language.
Description makes everything come to life, and its absence can make the language seem dry and dull. Here we have a list of adjectives that start with E, especially and carefully picked, only for you.
Ever been in that exhausting situation where you are trying hard to come up with a good job description for your resume but could not think of the right words? You won’t experience that again after learning the adjectives we have in store for you.
Now let’s assume you had an unusual or a surreal encounter and you are so eager to share it with your friends but despite trying hard and long, they just cannot understand your enthusiasm.
Well that is because you’re short of adjectives and consequently, you cannot ignite the same feelings or develop the same image in your friends’ mind.
So to save you from trouble next time, we have compiled these descriptive words that start with E. So, binge on these to your fullest, and by the end, you’ll be a master of adjectives beginning with E.
Most Common Adjectives That Start with E
To kick start this journey, we will first start with the most common adjectives that start with E that you need to learn. Once you have an idea about them, we’ll slowly be moving you towards advanced levels of adjectives starting with E. So let’s go!
- Definition: done before the expected time
- Synonyms: untimely, initial
- Example: He was an early bloomer.
- Definition: having the same amount or size
- Synonyms: alike, uniform
- Example: Women are demanding equal rights all over the world.
- Definition: excellent at a skill, intelligence, or quality
- Synonyms: notable, phenomenal
- Example: She bakes exceptional cakes.
- Definition: having a pleasing or euphoric effect
- Synonyms: electrifying, lively
- Example: We welcome you on this exciting journey.
- Definition: being precise and complete
- Synonyms: perfect, precise
- Example: Kindly provide me with the exact measurements.
- Definition: having charm and grace
- Synonyms: fancy, grand
- Example: Valeria wore an elegant dress to the party.
- Definition: not demanding great effort
- Synonyms: basic, manageable
- Example: This is an easy task for me.
- Definition: vacant, not containing anything
- Synonyms: unoccupied, uninhabited
- Example: We entered an empty room.
- Definition: having the best quality
- Synonyms: premium, outstanding
- Example: Your presentation was excellent.
- Definition: large in size or greatly detailed
- Synonyms: large, huge
- Example: This book contains extensive details on the topic.
Now that you have scrolled through the most common adjectives that begin with E, we will be diving into new adjectives that start with E but on a beginner’s level. If you keep on going further, you will perfect them all in no time!
- Definition: extremely important or necessary
- Synonyms: vital, key
- Example: Pack all the essential items.
- Definition: having the necessary knowledge in a particular field
- Synonyms: accomplished, professional
- Example: He is an experienced photographer.
- Definition: related to education
- Synonyms: informational, scholastic
- Example: I need to give an educational speech at the gathering.
- Definition: very clear and apparent
- Synonyms: obvious, visible
- Example: Her kindness was evident in her deeds.
- Definition: having the same value or amount
- Synonyms: identical, equal
- Example: Bring an equivalent degree.
- Definition: showcasing vitality or powerful activity
- Synonyms: active, vigorous
- Example: She has always been an energetic athlete.
- Definition: having the right to do or obtain something
- Synonyms: allowed, permitted
- Example: These are the only customers who are eligible for discounts.
- Definition: without the exclusion of any part
- Synonyms: whole, unified
- Example: I want the entire pizza for myself.
- Definition: related to electricity or electric power
- Synonyms: computerized, digital
- Example: I need to buy some electronic equipment for my apartment.
- Definition: belonging to continent Europe
- Synonyms: Caucasian, westerner
- Example: I want a European cigar.
Adjectives That Start with E – Medium Level
Moving forward we have assorted adjective words that start with E, but they have been upgraded to medium level now. These adjectives that start with the letter E are quite easy to understand so give it your best shot!
- Definition: having the ability to return to its original shape after being stretched
- Synonyms: flexible, springy
- Example: My resistance bands are very elastic.
- Definition: related to earth
- Synonyms: terrestrial, telluric
- Example: The water has an earthly taste.
- Definition: at a basic level
- Synonyms: simple, easy
- Example: My son goes to elementary school.
- Definition: related to the norms about right and wrong
- Synonyms: moral, principled
- Example: Ethical issues in the medical field are deeply concerning.
- Definition: showing emotions
- Synonyms: meaningful. revealing
- Example: She does not hold back because she is expressive.
- Definition: lasting forever
- Synonyms: everlasting, immortal
- Example: I wish for your eternal bliss.
- Definition: ecstatically happy
- Synonyms: delighted, ecstatic, enchanted
- Example: After the concert, I felt elated.
- Definition: lasting or enduring through all time
- Synonyms: endless, perpetual
- Example: I have a firm belief in everlasting life after death.
- Definition: more than is necessary
- Synonyms: unrestrained, imprudent
- Example: They drank excessive amount of brandy.
- Definition: likely to cause a controversy
- Synonyms: fiery, volatile
- Example: Everyone was concerned about Jim’s explosive temper.
Adjectives That Start with E – Hard Level
After mastering the adjectives starting with E on easy and medium levels, we will now move on to our next level, which is the hard level. These describing words beginning with E will help us enhance our vocabulary and write skillfully.
- Definition: selected attentively
- Synonyms: preferred, chosen
- Example: He is a recently elected judge for this cooking show.
- Definition: relaxing for the senses
- Synonyms: heavenly, jolly
- Example: Students found many enjoyable activities in their summer camp.
- Definition: to the point
- Synonyms: definitive, specific
- Example: Her lecture was explicit yet detailed.
- Definition: superior in position
- Synonyms: honored, glorious
- Example: Elon Musk is an exalted ideal.
- Definition: casual or relaxing behavior
- Synonyms: breezy, mellow
- Example: My internship is easygoing as well as well-paid.
- Definition: long lasting impact
- Synonyms: big, meaningful
- Example: Charity campaigns hosted by Melissa and her company are quite eventful.
- Definition: heedless expenditure of money
- Synonyms: free handed, unselfish
- Example: I think I went extravagant on all these luxuries.
- Definition: romantically unusual
- Synonyms: outlandish, strange
- Example: Her exotic hairstyle gained a lot of compliments.
- Definition: emotionally pleasing and overwhelming
- Synonyms: enrapt, euphoric
- Example: John is the most ecstatic one in his siblings.
- Definition: stressfully tiresome
- Synonyms: grim, painful
- Example: The visit to the museum in this summer heat was exhausting.
Adjectives That Start with E – Expert Level
Wow! Somebody is getting an expert at learning E adjectives. So far so good, now let’s toughen up a bit and move forward toward descriptive words beginning with E that are more challenging but also more sophisticated.
- Definition: becoming rapid
- Synonyms: expanding, growing
- Example: The prices are growing at an exponential rate.
- Definition: under a spell of magic
- Synonyms: delighted, fascinated
- Example: I found myself in an enchanted castle.
- Definition: related to euphemism
- Synonyms: delicate, refined
- Example: Correct this statement by using a euphemistic replacement.
- Definition: having a charming and sweet effect
- Synonyms: captivated, enchanted
- Example: I am enamored of my new kitten.
- Definition: very exciting or thrilling
- Synonyms: stimulating, arousing
- Example: This was an electrifying discovery to the whole world.
- Definition: full of excitement and joy
- Synonyms: animated, brash
- Example: I heard an exuberant account of your journey.
- Definition: unbiased and fair
- Synonyms: just, impartial
- Example: I ensured equitable profit for everyone.
- Definition: having an elated effect
- Synonyms: breathtaking, exciting
- Example: Getting a tattoo was an exhilarating experience.
- Definition: serving as a standard model for others
- Synonyms: model, paradigmatic
- Example: He has set an exemplary standard for the rest of the students.
- Definition: possessing an attractive sound
- Synonyms: mellifluous, sweet
- Example: Jemima has a euphonious voice!
Positive Adjectives That Start with E
When in a positive situation you run out of words to describe something, frustration becomes inevitable. To save you from such annoyance we have compiled ten positive adjectives that start with E. Without further ado, let’s dive in!
- Definition: not demanding a lot of money
- Synonyms: cheap, inexpensive
- Example: You are selling this at an economical price.
- Definition: operating in an organized way
- Synonyms: well organized, methodical
- Example: I need efficient employees.
- Definition: achieving the desired effect or result
- Synonyms: successful, effectual
- Example: This medicine is effective.
- Definition: easy to accomplish
- Synonyms: easy, uncomplicated
- Example: Her beauty is effortless and timeless.
- Definition: very detailed
- Synonyms: thorough, whole
- Example: Do not worry, I have an elaborate plan.
- Definition: giving hope and confidence
- Synonyms: promising, reassuring
- Example: Thank you for your encouraging remarks.
- Definition: enjoyable or fun
- Synonyms: delightful, enjoyable
- Example: We watched an entertaining performance.
- Definition: elegant and delicate
- Synonyms: beautiful, lovely
- Example: You look exquisite with blonde hair.
- Definition: lifted or raised
- Synonyms: raised, uplifted
- Example: He has an elevated position in the law firm.
- Definition: being clear
- Synonyms: persuasive, articulate
- Example: She made an eloquent speech.
Negative Adjectives That Start with E
It’s quite normal for people to encounter unpleasant events or run into “bad” people, for such days we are in need of negative descriptive words. So below we have a plethora of negative adjectives that start with E.
- Definition: morally corrupt or bad
- Synonyms: wicked, bad
- Example: I am well aware of your evil intentions.
- Definition: not easily affordable
- Synonyms: costly, high priced
- Example: Jenny often buys expensive skin care products.
- Definition: hard to describe
- Synonyms: fluid, shifty
- Example: Postmodernism is an elusive term.
- Definition: surrounded by objects
- Synonyms: confined, imprisoned
- Example: I feel claustrophobic in enclosed spaces.
- Definition: dark and mysterious
- Synonyms: uncanny, spooky
- Example: He was taking the child on an eerie path.
- Definition: Being selfish
- Synonyms: self-absorbed, self-centered
- Example: Everyone hated him for his egoistic behavior.
- Definition: irritable and uncomfortable
- Synonyms: restless, skittish
- Example: She’s often confused and edgy.
- Definition: very severe or bad
- Synonyms: bad, severe
- Example: In extreme cases, the disease can lead to death.
- Definition: alienated or distant
- Synonyms: exotic, unusual
- Example: You seem estranged and distant.
- Definition: having a bursting or noisy effect
- Synonyms: breaking, erupting
- Example: The building fell to the ground with an exploding sound.
Adjectives That Start with E to Describe a Person
As mentioned before, the description can spice up anything that is dull and boring. So in this section, we have put together a list of adjectives that start with E to describe someone. These E adjectives to describe a person can be used in both negative and positive situations.
- Definition: knowledgeable and wise
- Synonyms: informed, knowledgeable
- Example: Educated people do not argue unnecessarily.
- Definition: in relation to emotions
- Synonyms: spiritual, psychic
- Example: The break gave him immense emotional stress.
- Definition: something out of the usual
- Synonyms: remarkable, exceptional
- Example: He is an extraordinary person.
- Definition: having the strong urge to have something
- Synonyms: anxious, impatient
- Example: Falak is eager to go on a trip.
- Definition: at an older age
- Synonyms: older, senior
- Example: My elder brother is very supportive.
- Definition: having shame
- Synonyms: awkward, bothered
- Example: He broke eye contact with an embarrassed smile on his face.
- Definition: having confidence in one’s powers
- Synonyms: entitled, entrust
- Example: She is an extraordinarily empowered woman.
- Definition: respected or admired
- Synonyms: adored, adulated
- Example: Please welcome our esteemed guests.
- Definition: possessing well-informed views
- Synonyms: informed, aware
- Example: She is an enlightened scholar.
- Definition: the feeling of desiring something in possession of another person
- Synonyms: jealous, covetous
- Example: She is envious of my beauty.
Adjectives That Start with E – Full List (640+ Words)
Here is a complete list of adjectives that start with E including what we have discussed with you above. This will help you memorize them better.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with E
Together we had a peek into a detailed collection of adjectives that start with E, we had examples to clarify the meaning and make the adjectives a part of your daily conversations.
So now you will find yourself more confident while describing stuff because you won’t run out of the appropriate vocabulary. These adjectives that start with E, have been systematically arranged in such a way that you move from an easier level to a harder level quite comfortably.
We hope you will be able to make good use of adjectives starting with E, shared with you in this list, in a gloomy situation or at a party, anywhere you go you’ll have enough vocabulary to get you through any event.
Indulge into these descriptive words that start with E and don’t forget to practice them, as the saying goes, practice indeed makes a person perfect!