Welcome back! Here we arrive again with a collection of adjectives that start with T. These descriptive words that start with T will help you express your opinions more efficiently.
Apart from making you more expressive, adjectives make your discourse more vibrant too. So if you feel like you need to jazz up your interactions and get the reputation of a good storyteller, we have got you covered!
Next time if you set your eyes upon a beautiful painting at an exhibition or let’s say witness a terrific goal at a game, you will have various adjectives to describe your reaction.
These adjectives beginning with T have been categorically arranged in a way that you do not feel any difficulty in learning them. So let us walk you through these adjectives that start with T.
Most Common Adjectives That Start with T
Let’s begin with the most common adjectives that start with T. These adjectives starting with T are more familiar and easy than the ones we are going to be covering later.
- Definition: the need to drink something
- Synonyms: dehydrated, parched
- Example: I was thirsty and tired.
- Definition: having the need to rest
- Synonyms: exhausted, fatigued
- Example: I am too tired to understand anything.
- Definition: highest in place or rank
- Synonyms: highest, uppermost
- Example: I will be waiting for you at the top floor.
- Definition: very small or little
- Synonyms: minute, mini
- Example: I will only take a tiny amount of sugar.
- Definition: according to reality
- Synonyms: accurate, correct
- Example: The D.A. confirmed that his statement was true.
- Definition: tightly stretched
- Synonyms: taut, tight
- Example: You need to relax your tense muscles.
- Definition: very happy
- Synonyms: pumped, jazzed
- Example: You seem thrilled about your new job.
- Definition: closely connected together
- Synonyms: compacted, compressed
- Example: This knot is very tight.
- Definition: expressing care for other people
- Synonyms: considerate, attentive
- Example: Mary is a thoughtful girl.
- Definition: gentle and kind
- Synonyms: caring, kind
- Example: Her touch was tender and reassuring.
Adjectives That Start with T – Beginner Level
Step up you are at the beginner level now. We have picked these easy beginner-friendly adjectives that begin with T and used them in sentences to get you acquainted with their practical use.
- Definition: related to a specific skill
- Synonyms: specific, specialized
- Example: We need a technical expert for this case.
- Definition: having characteristic qualities of something
- Synonyms: classic, quintessential
- Example: Loss of sense of smell and taste are typical symptoms of Covid-19.
- Definition: related to customs or culture
- Synonyms: folk, historical
- Example: You can wear a traditional turban to represent your folks.
- Definition: occurring at the right time
- Synonyms: prompt, convenient
- Example: We are known for our timely service.
- Definition: in accordance with the latest fashion
- Synonyms: fashionable, stylish
- Example: I have some trendy watches for you at the store.
- Definition: having belief in something
- Synonyms: trustful, unsuspicious
- Example: His trusting behavior melted my heart.
- Definition: the feeling of being grateful
- Synonyms: moving, warming
- Example: I appreciate your touching remarks.
- Definition: continuing or valid to the final destination
- Synonyms: direct, non-stop
- Example: I traveled on a through train from London.
- Definition: organized neatly
- Synonyms: neat, sleek
- Example: Her room is always tidy.
- Definition: altered for a special purpose
- Synonyms: customized, modified
- Example: I wore a tailored charcoal-grey suit yesterday.
Adjectives That Start with T – Medium Level
After the beginner level here comes the medium level! So let’s move towards more adjective words that start with T. These adjectives that start with the letter T are slightly complicated but nothing you can’t ace!
- Definition: attractive or alluring
- Synonyms: enticing, appealing
- Example: Your offer is undoubtedly tempting for me.
- Definition: large in scale
- Synonyms: huge, enormous
- Example: Tremendous workload made her sick.
- Definition: worthy of being taught
- Synonyms: educable, trainable
- Example: My kids are surely teachable.
- Definition: unaffected by the passage of time
- Synonyms: lasting, ageless
- Example: You have a timeless beauty.
- Definition: something that is seen through
- Synonyms: see-through, translucent
- Example: We put the crystals in a transparent jar.
- Definition: able to be treated or cured
- Synonyms: curable, mendable
- Example: You are lucky that her disease is treatable.
- Definition: related to healing or therapy
- Synonyms: healing, curative
- Example: Painting is a therapeutic hobby.
- Definition: Trustworthy
- Synonyms: confiding, unfeigned
- Example: I find you trustful and talented.
- Definition: devastatingly sad
- Synonyms: awful, mournful
- Example: Her tragic demise shook the whole town.
- Definition: having a loud sound like a thunder
- Synonyms: roaring, deafening
- Example: We heard a thunderous bang before the building collapsed.
Adjectives That Start with T – Hard Level
Things are heating up as we now enter the hard level! These describing words beginning with T might be a little more challenging but with the right examples, we have made sure that you pick them up in no time!
- Definition: not simple or easy to understand
- Synonyms: complex, critical
- Example: This question is very tricky.
- Definition: shaped like a triangle
- Synonyms: trilateral, three-sided
- Example: We can fit it in a triangular container.
- Definition: free of wilderness
- Synonyms: domesticated, subdued
- Example: We have a tamed monkey at our house.
- Definition: related to theory rather than the practical
- Synonyms: conceptual, abstract
- Example: I did well in the theoretical portion of the test.
- Definition: something that can be carried
- Synonyms: portable, movable
- Example: These boxes are easily transportable despite their seemingly large size.
- Definition: real and able to be shown or touched
- Synonyms: actual, real
- Example: We can discuss the tangible benefits of this deal later.
- Definition: something that can be defended
- Synonyms: defensible, justifiable
- Example: This contract is tenable for at least 5 years.
- Definition: related to Turkey
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: I love Turkish sweets.
- Definition: related to or based on text
- Synonyms: editorial, written
- Example: Based on the textual evidence we can declare it a suicide.
- Definition: easily irritated or offended
- Synonyms: sensitive, cranky
- Example: He is very touchy about his past so don’t bring it up.
Adjectives That Start with T – Expert Level
Don’t get intimidated by the word “expert” over here. You are the expert we are talking about. We think you are all set to learn these T adjectives. We have descriptive words beginning with T that only an expert can handle!
- Definition: extremely attractive
- Synonyms: irresistible, appetizing
- Example: Your explanation is very tempting, I might believe it.
- Definition: pulsating with speed
- Synonyms: beating, stinging
- Example: I entered the room with a throbbing heart.
- Definition: having a pleasant melody
- Synonyms: melodious, rhythmic
- Example: Play some good tuneful music.
- Definition: a region having a mild temperature
- Synonyms: mild, clement
- Example: You can only plant these seeds in a temperate environment.
- Definition: related to time
- Synonyms: secular, worldly
- Example: Don’t purely expect a temporal gain from this deed.
- Definition: ten times more
- Synonyms: (none)
- Example: We are expecting a tenfold increase in the profits.
- Definition: calm and peaceful
- Synonyms: peaceful, restful
- Example: I want to live in a tranquil place.
- Definition: not developed completely
- Synonyms: unsettled, dependent
- Example: You will only get tentative benefits from this deal.
- Definition: related to the production of fabric
- Synonyms: yarn, fiber
- Example: The textile trade is increasing between both countries.
- Definition: inflicting trauma
- Synonyms: dismaying, horrid
- Example: I had a traumatic experience as a foster child.
Positive Adjectives That Start with T
For the days you feel like life is a bed of roses and unicorns live on rainbows, we have these positive adjectives that start with T. Throw them around and be the next cool person who is all about positive vibes!
- Definition: extremely strong
- Synonyms: durable, resilient
- Example: Get well soon, tough guy!
- Definition: having a good taste
- Synonyms: scrumptious, delicious
- Example: He treated us to a tasty dinner.
- Definition: being patient
- Synonyms: forbearing, liberal
- Example: He is a really tolerant person.
- Definition: precious and valuable
- Synonyms: valued, cherished
- Example: This watch is my father’s treasured possession.
- Definition: being efficient
- Synonyms: resourceful, laborsaving
- Example: We need that timesaving software immediately.
- Definition: improving and growing
- Synonyms: developing, advancing
- Example: The country’s economy is thriving.
- Definition: large in size or intensity
- Synonyms: massive, gigantic
- Example: He had terrific motivation for his work.
- Definition: having skills
- Synonyms: gifted, accomplished
- Example: Babar Azam is a talented batsman.
- Definition: having a good aesthetic sense
- Synonyms: graceful, elegant
- Example: Your choice of clothes is very tasteful.
- Definition: pleasing and exciting
- Synonyms: exciting, stirring
- Example: I had such a thrilling experience at the Bahamas.
Negative Adjectives That Start with T
For the days you feel like killing those unicorns that live on rainbows you can use these negative adjectives that start with T, to get off that heat. These adjectives are usually used in a negative context.
- Definition: having a poisonous effect
- Synonyms: poisonous, venomous
- Example: They kept on being reckless about toxic waste.
- Definition: very grave
- Synonyms: dreadful, horrific
- Example: He has a terrible headache today.
- Definition: extremely scared
- Synonyms: frightened, petrified
- Example: She was terrified at the sight of the dead body.
- Definition: restricted on moral grounds
- Synonyms: forbidden, prohibited
- Example: Female sexual wellbeing is considered taboo here.
- Definition: being playful in an annoying way
- Synonyms: harassing, irritating
- Example: He had a teasing smirk on his face.
- Definition: having bad quality
- Synonyms: substandard, sleazy
- Example: Your music collection is pretty trashy.
- Definition: characterized by authority
- Synonyms: oppressive, repressive
- Example: He is a tyrannical ruler.
- Definition: lacking vigor
- Synonyms: sluggish, inert
- Example: You look torpid today.
- Definition: posing threat
- Synonyms: dangerous, hazardous
- Example: Too many red flags point towards a treacherous relationship.
- Definition: having disturbance
- Synonyms: turbulent, tumultuous
- Example: Their marriage was tempestuous but so it ended soon.
Adjectives That Start with T to Describe a Person
Next in line, we have a list of 10 adjectives that start with T to describe someone. Go through them in detail and see how many T adjectives to describe a person may come in handy for your next party.
- Definition: having a good height
- Synonyms: big, high
- Example: I saw a tall man entering the alley.
- Definition: having gratitude
- Synonyms: relieved, grateful
- Example: She is thankful for the favor.
- Definition: easy to trust
- Synonyms: reliable, dependable
- Example: I think he can be the trustworthy man for this job.
- Definition: shivering slightly
- Synonyms: shaky, quivering
- Example: She spoke in a tremulous voice and looked scared.
- Definition: about to cry
- Synonyms: weeping, sobbing
- Example: I went over to her for a hug, feeling tearful.
- Definition: having persistence
- Synonyms: persevering, persistent
- Example: Sam is a tenacious guy, he’ll come back.
- Definition: good at a skill
- Synonyms: diplomatic, wise
- Example: It was tactful of her not to criticize me.
- Definition: weak and submissive
- Synonyms: fearful, submissive
- Example: John is too timid, he wouldn’t take action.
- Definition: recycling and reusing resources without wasting them
- Synonyms: provident, frugal
- Example: My wife is thrifty and low maintenance.
- Definition: showing anger
- Synonyms: defiant, belligerent
- Example: Recently he has become truculent and hard to please.
Adjectives That Start with T – Full List (660+ Words)
Below is a list of adjectives that start with T with all that we’ve discussed. You are suggested to give them a look and see how many you remember!
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with T
So that is the end of this lesson on adjectives that start with T, and we hope they were helpful for you.
We discussed all the categories of adjectives that start with T and made sure you get the right examples to understand them.
So now if you need to describe someone or express yourself, you would have plenty of adjectives starting with T in your mind. Ranging from the easy ones to the super hard ones, we had everything at one place for you.
All of these descriptive words that start with T are equally fun to use, only if you are willing to experiment with them!