This article will discuss positive words that start with J. People frequently claim that words may empower, encourage, or even cure them. Is that correct?
When you complete reading this article about positive words beginning with J, you will be able to answer this question for yourself.
Learning to pay attention to the information we communicate with others or utilize in our everyday routines has a larger influence than we may think.
Positive words starting with J may bring you a great deal of positive vibes and energy, as well as to those to whom you say them.
Positivity frequently leads to improved self-compassion, a better temperament, and less worry. The same is true for positive words. They help people to support others and spread love around.
The following list of positive words that start with J has some noteworthy terms. Examine this list of positive words to determine if they convey positivity and optimism.
Most Common Positive Words That Start with J
First of all, you should be aware of the most commonly used nice words that start with J. This exclusive list of positive words that start with J, will be helpful for your day-to-day conversations.
- Definition: a short coat
- Synonyms: wrapping, sheath
- Example: Monica is wearing a beautiful jacket.
- Definition: to gel
- Synonyms: solidify, congeal
- Example: Well, they perfectly jelled as a group.
- Definition: exactly or equally
- Synonyms: completely, precisely
- Example: The twins look just like each other.
- Definition: a thing that someone says to cause amusement
- Synonyms: pun, jest
- Example: I was really relaxed by my friends’ jokes.
- Definition: to push oneself off the ground
- Synonyms: hop, rise
- Example: After seeing our team win, we started jumping in joy.
- Definition: to run slowly especially as a form of an exercise
- Synonyms: scuttle, hop
- Example: I jog for an hour in the morning daily because it keeps in good shape.
- Definition: climbing plant with delicate, fragrant flowers
- Synonyms: floret, flower
- Example: Jasmine flowers scent the air.
- Definition: a task or piece of work or a regular employment
- Synonyms: work, profession
- Example: Mike has been offered a job at the Oxford University.
- Definition: to form an opinion
- Synonyms: define, decide
- Example: We should judge people not for their appearances but for what they are from the inside.
- Definition: of, by, or for a young person
- Synonyms: young, junior
- Example: The boy’s case was adjudged in the juvenile court.
Positive Words That Start with J to Describe a Person
Say you need to positively describe someone but find yourself stuck because of unavailability of the appropriate words. This is where these positive words that start with J to describe someone can come to your rescue.
- Definition: very happy
- Synonyms: cheerful, merry
- Example: Alice gave a joyful laugh.
- Definition: friendly and in a cheerful mood
- Synonyms: happy, fun
- Example: Philip seems a very jovial guy.
- Definition: characterized by joking
- Synonyms: funny, amusing
- Example: Jeremy was in a very jocular mood at the party.
- Definition: a person who sells and sometimes repairs jewelry
- Synonyms: goldsmith, lapidary
- Example: The jeweler said that it is the most perfect diamond he has ever seen.
- Definition: a worker who has a skill that makes him able to do a particular job
- Synonyms: artisan, worker
- Example: After a 6 years apprenticeship Tom became a journeyman at 19.
- Definition: a person whose job is riding horses in races
- Synonyms: rider, horseman
- Example: Sandra is a famous jockey.
- Definition: teasing or humorous
- Synonyms: amusing, comic
- Example: Patricia is a sweet woman, jokey about everything.
- Definition: a hunter or a huntsman
- Synonyms: pursuant, chaser
- Example: Carol really was a courageous jaegar.
- Definition: a skilled worker who makes the wooden structures inside buildings, such as doors and window frames
- Synonyms: builder, worker
- Example: That joiner has a name for reliability.
- Definition: having an imposing beauty such as that of a goddess
- Synonyms: attractive, charming
- Example: Jane’s mum is a handsome Junoesque lady.
Positive Words That Start with J to Spread Positivity
Have you noticed how some words have the power to simply brighten up everything? No matter how gloomy the situation is, these positive words beginning with J will spread positivity.
- Definition: a tropical forest in which trees and plants grow very closely together
- Synonyms: wilderness, forest
- Example: They have decided to explore the African Jungle.
- Definition: the activity of running at a slow, regular speed, especially as a form of exercise
- Synonyms: trotting, rambling
- Example: Khurram usually goes for jogging before breakfast.
- Definition: a person or thing that causes happiness
- Synonyms: delight, pleasure
- Example: Listening to music is one of John’s greatest joys.
- Definition: to get involved in an activity
- Synonyms: bond, associate
- Example: Please join us for the dinner tomorrow night?
- Definition: containing lots of juice
- Synonyms: plush, saturated
- Example: The pineapple was sweet and juicy.
- Definition: a sweet spread or conserve made from fruit and sugar boiled to a thick consistency
- Synonyms: jelly, marmalade
- Example: Jerry spread some strawberry jam on his toast.
- Definition: with another person or people
- Synonyms: together, cooperatively
- Example: The report was prepared jointly by Harvard and Oxford universities.
- Definition: a very short time
- Synonyms: soon, shortly
- Example: Jimmy was done with the assignment in a jiffy.
- Definition: an extravagant trip or celebration
- Synonyms: celebration, feast
- Example: Their junket was thrown in real Hollywood style!
- Definition: a large organized event that many people go to
- Synonyms: gathering, get together
- Example: I really enjoyed the food and music at the Jamboree arranged by my fellows.
Positive Words That Start with J to Empower You
To make you feel more empowered we have these positive words that start with the letter J. These inspirational words that start with J can level up your self-esteem!
- Definition: belonging to two or more people
- Synonyms: communal, united
- Example: This project is a joint effort my friends and I.
- Definition: the process of forming an opinion
- Synonyms: sense, shrewdness
- Example: Farah achieved his aim because of his sheer judgement.
- Definition: the largest prize in a competition or game
- Synonyms: prize, reward
- Example: Tommy won the jackpot on the football pools.
- Definition: to start or improve something more quickly by giving it extra help
- Synonyms: activate, motivate
- Example: These recordings will jumpstart her career.
- Definition: being reasonable
- Synonyms: valid, defensible
- Example: Your plan is financially justifiable.
- Definition: a symbol of life and strength
- Synonyms: warrior, fighter
- Example: You shouldn’t get bogged down, be like a jaguar and take a leap towards your goal.
- Definition: fairness in the way people are dealt with
- Synonyms: fairness, impartiality
- Example: It’s only a matter of time until justice is served.
- Definition: the authority of a court or official organization to make decisions and judgments
- Synonyms: control, dominion
- Example: This admission case falls squarely within the university’s jurisdiction.
- Definition: relating to the time of Dinosaurs
- Synonyms: fossilized
- Example: Scientists have found fossils of the early Jurassic era.
- Definition: a person who is extremely enthusiastic about sports
- Synonyms: athlete, contender
- Example: Rocky being a jock, relied on his athletic ability to secure a scholarship.
Positive Words That Start with J to Make Your Day Better
Nobody wants a dull and drab day right? But often things go the wrong way. In such a situation these motivational words that start with J can sort things out or at least give a faint hope. So below is a list of words that start with J that are positive.
- Definition: in a fair or morally correct way
- Synonyms: fairly, equitably
- Example: Ronnie’s efforts were justly rewarded with a British Empire Medal.
- Definition: the action of saying or doing something for amusement
- Synonyms: joking, chaffing
- Example: Selby enjoyed drinking and jesting with his friends.
- Definition: keep track of events by recording them in a log
- Synonyms: write, record
- Example: Nat has been journaling for the last 2 years.
- Definition: full to capacity
- Synonyms: full, brimming
- Example: Santiago stadium was jam-packed for the final match of La Liga.
- Definition: (the celebration of) the day on which an important event happened many years ago
- Synonyms: anniversary, festival
- Example: They had a big jubilee planned to celebrate their victory.
- Definition: a ride for enjoyment in a vehicle or aircraft
- Synonyms: passage, enjoyment
- Example: Sam took his grandmother’s car for a joyride.
- Definition: the quality in a person of being friendly and in a good mood
- Synonyms: merriment, mirth
- Example: There was an air of joviality in the room.
- Definition: to make a repeated gentle ringing sound
- Synonyms: clink, tinkle
- Example: The pendant around her neck that was made of iron rings was jingling.
- Definition: in a way that is humorous or shows that you like to play
- Synonyms: amusingly, jokingly
- Example: I jocosely told them that I had been hiding in the room all the time.
- Definition: a lively celebration or party
- Synonyms: party, merriment
- Example: Jollo arranged by them received some notable media attention.
Positive Words That Start with J to Boost Your Energy
The worst days are the ones where you feel irritated and drained. To make sure you have a fix for them, we have brought together these positive J words, for you. Look at these inspiring words that start with J and save them for the right day!
- Definition: feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph
- Synonyms: overjoyed, triumphant
- Example: Jubilant crowds shouted, “It’s liberation day!”
- Definition: causing great surprise or astonishment
- Synonyms: staggering, breathtaking
- Example: Hales gave a jaw-dropping performance in the last match.
- Definition: to tease someone in a humorous and playful way
- Synonyms: kid, tease
- Example: My friends were joshing about my funny look and it really made me laugh.
- Definition: characterized by good judgment
- Synonyms: practical, discreet
- Example: You all must make judicious use of your voting right.
- Definition: a short journey for pleasure, sometimes including a stay
- Synonyms: trip, adventure
- Example: It was the jaunt with his friend that made him forget all his troubles.
- Definition: extremely large
- Synonyms: huge, enormous
- Example: Johansen sent a jumbo bag of sweets to cheer me up.
- Definition: an act of rejoicing
- Synonyms: exultation, rejoicing
- Example: There was jubilation in the crowd when the winning goal was scored.
- Definition: a type of American music with lively rhythms and melodies that are often made up by musicians as they play
- Synonyms: blues, boogie
- Example: I’ve never really gone in for classical music, but I love jazz.
- Definition: to compete closely for superiority
- Synonyms: clash, compete
- Example: Barcelona and Madrid are jousting for position at the top of the football league.
- Definition: the state of being youthful or of growing young
- Synonyms: adolescence, minority
- Example: I believe that the happiest individuals are those who have reclaimed their juvenescence.
Positive Words That Start with J to Cheer You Up
Do you need some encouraging words that start with J? You have come to the right place. These motivating words that start with J have the power to cheer anyone up.
- Definition: happy and smiling
- Synonyms: cheerful, happy
- Example: Perry is a very jolly, upbeat sort of a person.
- Definition: the act of travelling from one place to another
- Synonyms: trip, tour
- Example: It is impossible not to admire the determination with which they accomplished their arduous journey.
- Definition: in a happy mood
- Synonyms: cheerful, merry
- Example: Sciver’s jocund character made her the most popular girl in the county.
- Definition: full of joy
- Synonyms: cheerful, happy
- Example: The scenes of joyous celebrations made Emma forget her problems.
- Definition: related to the authority of a court
- Synonyms: administrative, legitimate
- Example: Your country shouldn’t breach its jurisdictional boundaries.
- Definition: show great happiness
- Synonyms: rejoice, exuberate
- Example: Sing and jubilate aloud before God.
- Definition: lively and cheerful activity or celebration
- Synonyms: reveling, whoopee
- Example: There will be lots of food and drink and general jollity at the party.
- Definition: playful or humorous
- Synonyms: blithe, jocular
- Example: Mark was a gleg man of jocose nature.
- Definition: pleasant and desirable
- Synonyms: agreeable, enjoyable
- Example: Daniel has a very jammy job.
- Definition: an activity done to make someone laugh
- Synonyms: joke, jest
- Example: That jape really pleased Mr. Brown.
Uncommon Positive Words That Start with J to Enlarge Your Vocabulary
We got on track with the common words and we’re ending our list with uncommon positive words with letter J. These good words that start with J have the same comfortable feel but are more sophisticated than the common ones!
- Definition: marked by joy
- Synonyms: joyful, blissful
- Example: Livingstone looked very joysome at the party.
- Definition: the part of a country’s government that is responsible for its legal system
- Synonyms: bar, magistrate
- Example: Don’t worry, the judiciary will give the decision in your favor.
- Definition: a lively movement
- Synonyms: playful, frolicsome
- Example: I was impressed by Mona’s jiggish movements in the dancing hall.
- Definition: decorated with jewels
- Synonyms: impearled
- Example: Rose was wearing a jeweled dress.
- Definition: in the form of a jelly
- Synonyms: clotted, gummy
- Example: I would love to have that jellied cake.
- Definition: in a great condition
- Synonyms: agreeable, great
- Example: Everything was jake again.
- Definition: (of plants) springing up
- Synonyms: emergent, nascent
- Example: The jessant flower is looking so beautiful.
- Definition: being happy and self-assured
- Synonyms: happy, gay
- Example: Michael’s jaunty walk was enough to make him look cool.
- Definition: something that is very pleasing or of excellent quality
- Synonyms: excellence, top-quality
- Example: That new sofa you bought is a real jim-dandy.
- Definition: a martial art that emphasizes the use of quick movement of arms and legs
- Synonyms: tussling, grappling
- Example: Nora’s a bronze medalist in judo.
Positive Words That Start with J – Full List (170+ Words)
Now that you are done with these words, here is an elaborate list of positive words that start with J. Check it out!
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with J
We are concluding our post on positive words that start with J with the hope that you have learned the majority of them.
Learning positive words beginning with J on paper or on the web is not difficult, but implementing these into your conversations and writing is the objective we are aiming for here.
This is the sole purpose for writing this post about positive words starting with J in the first place.
Are these phrases sufficient to foster a good self-image in you, or do you require more? These words are undoubtedly helpful, but you should try and learn a lot more of them.
We will be back with a fresh collection of positive words that start with J later on. So stay in touch.