If you ask a person this question that whether he knows any adjectives that start with X or not, he will definitely say that he isn’t aware of any such adjectives.
Well, he won’t be at fault because of three reasons. First, there are not many adjectives that start with X. Second, these adjectives mostly belong to the field of science. Third, they are rarely used in academic language let alone everyday conversations. So you see, these adjectives are as rare as they come.
But one thing is for sure, that these adjectives beginning with X do exist and can be used in your conversations. To make them understandable for you, we have given synonyms and examples for all these adjectives.
Just try and get a hold of these descriptive words that start with X first, and then you will be good to go. Go out there and use them as you want.
Most Common Adjectives That Start with X
Let us first take a look at some of the most common adjectives that start with X. These are basic level adjectives starting with X that you must know.
- Definition: related to a dry copying process
- Synonyms: photographic
- Example: She is an expert at using xerographic method for copying documents.
- Definition: relating to tissues belonging to individuals of different species
- Synonyms: cellular
- Example: Xenogeneic transplantation is one of hot fields of research these days.
- Definition: having a strong prejudice against people of other cultures
- Synonyms: prejudiced, racist
- Example: Xenophobic people shouldn’t be respected at all.
- Definition: related to habitats containing little moisture
- Synonyms: dry, parched
- Example: She was feeling a bit off in that xeric place.
Adjectives That Start with X – Beginner Level
Let us now take you through some beginner level adjectives that begin with X. Hopefully you won’t much trouble learning them.
- Definition: related to a sword like shape
- Synonyms: sword-shaped
- Example: He has displayed many xiphoid paintings in his art gallery.
- Definition: relating to a synthetically produced chemical
- Synonyms: xenobiological
- Example: Traces of xenobiotic chemicals were found in his blood.
- Definition: being of foreign origin
- Synonyms: outsider
- Example: His skin color gave away that he was of xenogenetic origin.
- Definition: concerning the art of making engravings
- Synonyms: crafted, engraved
- Example: The xylographic technique has been used to create these beautiful artifacts.
- Definition: relating to the sound of a xylophone
- Synonyms: melodic, instrumental
- Example: The xylophonic tone sent everyone into a feeling of ecstasy.
Adjectives That Start with X – Medium Level
It is time to have a look at some more adjective words that start with X. The difficulty level of all of these adjectives that start with the letter X is medium.
- Definition: related to a photoelectric method of recording an x-ray image
- Synonyms: xeroradiographic
- Example: Xeromammographic method is really useful because of its affordable cost.
- Definition: related to something occurring between distantly related individuals or species
- Synonyms: connected
- Example: The connection between two endangered species is being studied using xenoplastic method.
- Definition: related to the cutting of wood
- Synonyms: carving, cutting
- Example: Xylotomous structures were the center of attention at the museum.
- Definition: related to individuals who are friendly to strangers
- Synonyms: xenodochium
- Example: Jim comes across as a very xenodochial individual.
- Definition: related to the hospitality between host and guest
- Synonyms: friendly, jovial
- Example: He looked like a xenial person at the party last night.
Adjectives That Start with X – Hard Level
If you want something spicy you are welcome to the hard level. Here are some hard describing words beginning with X for you to learn.
- Definition: having yellowish color or nature
- Synonyms: golden, yellow
- Example: She was wearing a suit was giving the vibes of a xanthous texture.
- Definition: adapted to a dry environment
- Synonyms: burning, blazing
- Example: I was mesmerized by witnessing xerothermic grasslands in the middle of a desert.
- Definition: related to the grainy form of a substance
- Synonyms: xenomorphic
- Example: Students were working with xenomorphous substances in the lab.
- Definition: concerning leaves having the shape of a sword
- Synonyms: xiph
- Example: She has so many xiphophyllous plants beside her lawn.
- Definition: related to plants that need very little water
- Synonyms: hydrophyte
- Example: Xerophytic plants are being preferred in dry places these days.
Adjectives That Start with X – Full List (25 Words)
Let us now list all the adjectives that start with X we have learnt in this article so far. Take a look.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with X
We are going to end our discussion on adjectives that start with X. We hope that you were able to retain most of these adjectives starting with X in your memory.
Even if you didn’t we can understand. They take some time to be understood. This is why it is highly advised that you visit this article again so that you can learn them by heart.
Do you know the one crucial aspect of learning of these descriptive words that start with X? If you use these adjectives in front of your family, friends or colleagues, you will look really cool and knowledgeable.
We have given you that opportunity. Rest is up to you, how you learn these adjectives that start with X and use them to your advantage.