Adjectives that start with H, a quest that brought you here at our doorstep. We have got you covered! You may find yourself short on adjectives sometimes and that makes your sentences bland and plain boring. Worry not!
It is a common problem with people because not everyone is born with the ability to speak eloquently, rather, it is a skill built after learning and practicing.
We have solved half of the problem for you by formulating a list of adjectives that start with H, now you just have to go through them, learn, understand, and practice them and you’ll soon be a storyteller that everybody loves.
We have a variety of descriptive words that start with H, at your disposal, so, next time while giving a toast at your friend’s wedding or even expressing your affection for a loved one, you will not run short of the right adjectives beginning with H.
You will find a detailed list of adjectives beginning with H, and the best part is that we have categorized them for your ease. Let’s not wait any longer and jump right in!
Most Common Adjectives That Start with H
We will start this learning roller coaster ride with the most common and easy-to-use adjectives that start with H. Once you have a clear idea about their usage, we will move towards more advanced levels of adjectives starting with H. So let’s get started!
- Definition: feeling joyous
- Synonyms: cheerful, contented
- Example: She is always in a happy mood.
- Definition: being modest
- Synonyms: polite, gracious
- Example: Our new boss is a humble man.
- Definition: having the need or craving for food
- Synonyms: empty, starving
- Example: The hungry kitten drank all the milk.
- Definition: attractive and charming
- Synonyms: gorgeous, stunning
- Example: The prince was a handsome man.
- Definition: very unpleasant
- Synonyms: unpleasant, awful
- Example: Do not go to that restaurant, I had a horrible experience there.
- Definition: fifty-fifty or fractional
- Synonyms: divided, bisected
- Example: She evenly cut the cake into half pieces.
- Definition: not easily broken apart
- Synonyms: firm, strong
- Example: The pillow is too hard and uncomfortable for me to sleep on.
- Definition: large in size
- Synonyms: vast, enormous
- Example: Your mansion is huge.
- Definition: having a lot of weight
- Synonyms: massive, bulky
- Example: Carry this box with me, it is too heavy.
- Definition: very heated
- Synonyms: scorching, boiling
- Example: It was hot inside the room.
Adjectives That Start with H – Beginner Level
So we are past the first stage, let’s dive into the beginner level adjectives that begin with H. Happy learning!
- Definition: produced at home
- Synonyms: homespun, handmade
- Example: I brought homemade cupcakes for you.
- Definition: causing fear
- Synonyms: terrible, dreadful
- Example: I suffered a horrific injury at the game.
- Definition: great in intensity or quality
- Synonyms: elevated, gallant
- Example: My father is a man of high standards.
- Definition: having many hills and mountains
- Synonyms: rocky, rolling
- Example: We live in the hilly part of the country.
- Definition: having a curve or a bend
- Synonyms: bent, bowed
- Example: The culprit had a hooked nose.
- Definition: the middle of something
- Synonyms: central, middle
- Example: Those guys have reached the halfway stage of the project.
- Definition: compiled by hand
- Synonyms: manual, hand-made
- Example: Submit a handwritten assignment tomorrow.
- Definition: related to beautiful foggy places
- Synonyms: misty, foggy
- Example: The resort was situated on a hazy hill.
- Definition: facing physical injury or emotional pain
- Synonyms: injured, wounded
- Example: The hurt bird could not survive for long.
- Definition: belonging to the western or American film industry
- Synonyms: cinematic
- Example: I love watching Hollywood movies.
Adjectives That Start with H – Medium Level
We are glad that you aced the beginner’s level adjective words that start with H, so, now we will level up the game for you! Let’s shift to the medium level of adjectives that start with the letter H.
- Definition: grown in one’s own home or garden
- Synonyms: native, homemade
- Example: Homegrown vegetables are the best.
- Definition: relating to the role of the husband
- Synonyms: marital, paternal
- Example: You should be fulfilling all of your husbandly duties.
- Definition: in reference to a whole
- Synonyms: comprehensive, complete
- Example: You will feel better after using holistic medicines.
- Definition: belonging to Hinduism or India
- Synonyms: Indian, oriental
- Example: I recently started watching a Hindi movie.
- Definition: regularly doing something
- Synonyms: addicted, recurrent
- Example: He is a habitual smoker.
- Definition: relating to the history
- Synonyms: ancient, old
- Example: I am into reading historical novels.
- Definition: hard or rough
- Synonyms: abrasive, tough
- Example: You need to face the harsh realities of life
- Definition: deep or empty
- Synonyms: dimpled, devoid
- Example: The box was hollow inside.
- Definition: a longing for home
- Synonyms: lonely, wistful
- Example: I was depressed and homesick most of the time.
- Definition: without a shelter or a home
- Synonyms: displaced, outcast
- Example: We donated some blankets to homeless people.
Adjectives That Start with H – Hard Level
Welcome to the hard level of describing words beginning with H, but do not get intimidated, we have arranged everything in the right order for you. Let’s go!
- Definition: created by mixing two different things
- Synonyms: mixed, combined
- Example: I want to buy a hybrid car for my father.
- Definition: related to hormones
- Synonyms: menstrual, metabolic
- Example: You have these pimples due to some hormonal changes.
- Definition: related to hypnosis
- Synonyms: drowsy, sleepy
- Example: We saw him go into a hypnotic state.
- Definition: quiet and silenced
- Synonyms: muted, closed
- Example: Nothing could be heard in that hushed classroom.
- Definition: related to humanism
- Synonyms: radical, tolerant
- Example: A humanistic psychologist can shed light on this matter.
- Definition: having danger
- Synonyms: perilous, risky
- Example: Smoking is hazardous to health.
- Definition: enormous in size
- Synonyms: huge, gigantic
- Example: We had to pass through a humongous crowd.
- Definition: related to herbs or plants
- Synonyms: grassy, vegetative
- Example: I used herbal medicine to cure my stomach ache.
- Definition: horrifying or scary
- Synonyms: eerie, spooky
- Example: There is a haunting abandoned house on the hill.
- Definition: extremely committed or dedicated to something
- Synonyms: chronic, hardened
- Example: I have never been a hardcore fan of his music.
Adjectives That Start with H – Expert Level
Here are some H adjectives for you that are more sophisticated than the ones we learned before. Let’s take a look at these expert-level descriptive words beginning with H.
- Definition: resistant against hard conditions
- Synonyms: firm, solid
- Example: The extremely hot weather did not affect the hardy locals.
- Definition: having extreme sensitivity
- Synonyms: oversensitive, tender
- Example: My friend was hypersensitive about this matter.
- Definition: related to hysteria
- Synonyms: overwrought, emotional
- Example: She nodded her head and burst into hysterical laughter.
- Definition: being noisy
- Synonyms: blowing, blustering
- Example: The crowd was howling at the game last night.
- Definition: having an intoxication effect
- Synonyms: potent, intoxicating
- Example: They had a variety of heady wines at the bar.
- Definition: presented as a symbol of respect
- Synonyms: namesake, complimentary
- Example: Jack was given an honorific badge at the ceremony.
- Definition: boring because of familiarity
- Synonyms: banal, vapid
- Example: We all were irritated by his hoary jokes.
- Definition: unpleasant and unappealing
- Synonyms: atrocious, ghastly
- Example: The party last night was horrid.
- Definition: arrogantly vain
- Synonyms: snobbish, pompous
- Example: She is a corrupt and haughty princess.
- Definition: lacking excitement because of monotony
- Synonyms: mundane, tedious
- Example: I was idle all day apart from indulging in a few humdrum activities.
Positive Adjectives That Start with H
After getting the know-how of all the adjectives you can use in your conversations, we present you a list of positive adjectives that start with H. These adjectives will aid you in situations where you want to express your positive feelings.
- Definition: sincere and loyal
- Synonyms: truthful, fair
- Example: Emma is an honest woman.
- Definition: warm and sincere
- Synonyms: ardent, wholehearted
- Example: Accept our heartfelt congratulations on your marriage.
- Definition: belonging to the comfort of home
- Synonyms: comfy, cozy
- Example: We stayed at a homely resort.
- Definition: friendly and kind to visitors
- Synonyms: welcoming, congenial
- Example: My friend is a hospitable man.
- Definition: pleasurable and beautiful
- Synonyms: angelic, delicious
- Example: This cream has a heavenly scent to it.
- Definition: a place that is comfortable and peaceful
- Synonyms: comfortable, cozy
- Example: Your cottage has such a homey environment.
- Definition: having a witty or funny quality
- Synonyms: entertaining, comic
- Example: I loved her humorous comments.
- Definition: enthusiastically expressed
- Synonyms: cheerful, jovial
- Example: The children gave us a hearty welcome.
- Definition: having kindness or generosity
- Synonyms: compassionate, caring
- Example: The kingdom was blessed with a wise and humane ruler.
- Definition: with a beautiful tune or melody
- Synonyms: balanced, congenial
- Example: I heard a beautiful harmonious voice from a distance.
Negative Adjectives That Start with H
Things cannot always be easy-breezy, and we frequently encounter events and people that we dislike, necessitating the expression of negative ideas and emotions. For such times we have a list of negative adjectives that start with H in store for you.
- Definition: carried out in a hurry
- Synonyms: quick, swift
- Example: Hasty decisions never end well.
- Definition: unpleasant and bad
- Synonyms: horrible, dreadful
- Example: He sang a horrendous cover of a popular song.
- Definition: having an embarrassing effect
- Synonyms: embarrassing, disgracing
- Example: His humiliating remarks broke my heart.
- Definition: unpleasant and negative
- Synonyms: horrible, toxic
- Example: He always has hateful comments to give.
- Definition: looking frightened and worried
- Synonyms: alarmed, dreadful
- Example: Mike always gives us a hunted look.
- Definition: related to hell, bad and unpleasant
- Synonyms: infernal, devilish
- Example: I had a hellish experience with my former wife.
- Definition: restricted to home usually because of a mishap
- Synonyms: broken, damaged
- Example: Jim has been housebound due to his accident.
- Definition: immensely critical
- Synonyms: overcritical, captious
- Example: Social media has produced hypercritical and depressed generation.
- Definition: not having humor or wit
- Synonyms: serious, solemn
- Example: He was extremely boring and humorless.
- Definition: deeply offended
- Synonyms: irritated, annoyed
- Example: I cracked a pun and Jimmy gave me a huffy grin.
Adjectives That Start with H to Describe a Person
Appreciating your partner’s beauty or traits is one of the joys of being in love. To ensure that you feel this excitement, we’ve gathered some adjectives that begin with H to describe someone. These H adjectives to describe a person can be utilized in any situation.
- Definition: completely well
- Synonyms: fit, fine
- Example: Congratulations on giving birth to a healthy baby girl.
- Definition: always ready to help
- Synonyms: kind, generous
- Example: She is such a helpful young lady.
- Definition: the feeling of unsure about something
- Synonyms: uncertain, puzzled
- Example: Her lips curved into a hesitant smile.
- Definition: having an overgrowth of hair
- Synonyms: shaggy, bushy
- Example: A strange hairy man entered the hall.
- Definition: possessing great qualities of chivalry and bravery
- Synonyms: brave, courageous
- Example: The doctor was awarded for his heroic service.
- Definition: cruel and insensitive
- Synonyms: unfeeling, unsympathetic
- Example: You are a heartless man Mathew.
- Definition: causing pain emotionally
- Synonyms: upsetting, distressing
- Example: You always have hurtful remarks toward our son.
- Definition: capable of committing a murder
- Synonyms: savage, violent
- Example: You must stay away from that homicidal fiend.
- Definition: a voice sounding deep and crisp
- Synonyms: throaty, gruff
- Example: I love his husky voice.
- Definition: incapable of kindness
- Synonyms: unfeeling, heartless
- Example: Your husband is such a hardhearted man!
Adjectives That Start with H – Full List (540+ Words)
Finally you aced it! Here is a complete list of adjectives that start with H, take a look and see how many you remember by heart! If you encounter any confusion, drop a question at the end of this article and we’ll get back to you instantly!
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with H
So this is where we say our goodbyes for the day! Worry not, we will be back with another reader-friendly guide to mastering adjectives; we will not stop until we make you a description pro!
We are overjoyed to have been able to lead you through a systematic list of adjectives starting with H, and we hope you had a fruitful learning journey with us.
These adjectives can help you spice up your daily interactions with others because good power of expression is highly regarded. This comprehensive collection of adjectives that start with H can help you enjoy your presentations, lectures, or simply day-to-day affairs.
We recommend that you practice these adjectives that start with H on a daily basis to become more familiar with them. You may run out of other words, but descriptive ones that start with H will not be among them, wink-wink!